Monday, September 12, 2011

it's rough, but I had to post it

In the past year and a half. I Have Gone from being in a coma to having to stage for pressure ulcers, I've had acinetobacter, MR SA, Proteus infections, multiple times. This is because after my coma. I have three different nursing homes. I believe I have scoliosis secondary to laying in bed for months at a time, day after day after day the pressure mattress contributing to pelvic subluxation and either hyper kyphosis or lordosis in my spine. I also have severe intestinal hypo-motility in my bowels because of irregularities with getting up on my shower chair. I my mom even evacuating my bowels for me, usually digitally. One of my stage for pressure sores the acute one is now closed but the chronic sore is staying at a steady 6+ centimeter depth. I have severe tone and contractions in all four of my limbs, including elbows, knees, and ankles. My muscles and tendons are contracted. I have a splint system from dyna splint but I cannot get the staff to put them on me with any regularity because they have no training and are uncomfortable, don't have the time, are overworked, underpaid, understaffed, and so I suffer with my health continuing to degrade. I had my wound care. Dr. prescribe an anabolic steroid, but Medicare discontinued payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment